Can you believe that Christmas is just around the corner? We have already started some of our Christmas baking and we have been having tons of fun. I love pulling out recipes that our family use year after year to create such amazing memories!
One of our favorite recipes is for our sugar cookies. This recipe gets uses more than once over the holiday season and our entire family has so much fun with it. Not only are the cookies delicious, but they are easy to make as well.
Of course for my holiday baking, just like every day meals, I always turn to Pete & Gerry’s Organic Eggs. While most of the ingredients that go into my holiday baking aren’t organic, the eggs are. There’s just something about this brand of eggs that I feel really make the recipe.
We actually just finished our first batch of sugar cookies and now I have flour and icing covered little boys, but that’s all part of making the memories. Over the years, it has simply become a family tradition that I hope they continue to do even when they have their own families one day.
So what’s the recipe? I’m glad you asked.
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 Pete & Gerry's Organic Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Gradually blend the dry ingredients until fully absorbed.
- Cover dough and chill for 2 hrs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets lightly. On a clean, floured surgace, roll out the chilled dough o 1/4" thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes.
- Bake 6-8 minutes in the preheated oven or until edges are barely brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet and let cool on wire rack.
Why Pete & Gerry’s