Being a mom of two older girls and a two year old son, I can see a lot of difference between the two genders. My two year old loves anything with an engine and wheels. While my daughters have never been the bravest to try new things, they jumped at the chance to try the Shred Sled. I think they looked at it as more of a challenge than a fun activity at first.
I was more than happy to let them go at this review all on their own. My husband was also more than happy. I actually thought he would insist on trying it, but he let them have all the fun. It is a little intimidating since it is different than the typical “skateboard” that we grew up being familiar with as kids. This also takes a little more skill than the old school skateboards, but all in all it appears to be just as fun!
Now, I am not going to say that the minute my daughters gave this a try they were off and going. It was a slow start, ok a VERY slow start which ended in success. No broken bones (knock on wood) and they actually enjoy using this. I love that they are excited with this as it not only is an activity that they can share together, but it also is great exercise.
- It brings the thrills and carving movements of snowboarding to the streets.
- It has a cool feel–combination of snowboarding and skateboarding.
- Can quickly go uphill. It’s easy to propel the SHRED SLED. You don’t even have to push off!
- 4 INLINE wheels have much more control than 2 wheels.
- The 4-80mm polyurethane wheels and ABEC-5 Bearings are SMOOTHER and STRONGER and rarely need to be replaced. (unlike other boards)
- The concave decks make for better foot control.
The Shred Sled is the perfect outside toy for any child that loves being active and loves a great challenge. I will admit that it was hours of fun for me watching the girls learn to use it.